Visiting Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Travel' started by krisofer, Jul 29, 2017.

1. krisofer

krisofer L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Hi friends!
    I will be visiting Toronto next month with my family of wife and 2 kids. It was an unexpected opportunity I got from a friend of mine. It will be a three week long trip. I am trying to find how to spend this three weeks.
    I know there are places like Niagara and Algonquin park near Toronto. It'll take atmost 3-4 days to visit these places, right? Are there any other must go places nearby? This link: http://www.macsuites.ca/explore-toronto/ mentions a few locations in the Toronto area that are worth visiting. Are there any more of such places near Toronto that can be included our plan?

2. Kevin_W

Kevin_W L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

As a kid, I loved visiting Casa Loma and the CN tower.

labmom1994 likes this.
  3. Joe G

Joe G L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

4. Sydney Herron

Sydney Herron L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

In Toronto: Casa Loma, CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium. If you're interested in seeing several Toronto attractions (the ones I listed + the Royal Ontario Museum which is pretty cool and either the Ontario Science Center or the Toronto Zoo) you should consider the Toronto CITYPASS. I'm a local and bought the pass last summer because I had never been to Casa Loma or Ripley's and wanted to try them out; and it was only a few dollars more to add on the other attractions. For a fun afternoon/evening you could try Snakes and Lattes, it is a board game cafe that is easily accessible to most of downtown by either walking or taking the subway. There is a small cover charge but their menu is reasonably priced and it is a fun way to spend several hours! They have SO MANY games.

Near Toronto: Bruce Peninsula National Park (take 2-3 days and GO! It is amazing - my favorite place in Ontario!), Niagara Falls (could be done as a day trip - the Journey Behind the Falls is pretty cool and only costs ~$15/person), Algonquin is beautiful but it may be difficult to secure a campsite, but you could spend a few days in the Muskoka region (beautiful lakes!) and do a day trip up to Algonquin. If you do Algonquin as a day trip from Muskoka, be sure to leave as early as possible in the morning for the best chance to see a moose! Also, the Sandbanks in Prince Edward County (about 2.5 hours away from Toronto) is a beautiful way to spend a sunny day - stunning beaches and sand dunes. We've had a lot of rain this year and I haven't had the chance to make it up to Sandbanks yet so I'm not too sure how much the dunes were affected by the incredulous amounts of rain.

If you have any specific questions about Toronto or want more ideas for daytrips, let me know!! I haven't spent a whole lot of time downtown (other than at work!) but there are a ton of awesome places in Ontario within a relatively short driving distance from Toronto (~2-4 hours)

labmom1994 and DetectiveMiles like this.
  5. Kevin_W

Kevin_W L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

Cool picture. I'm pretty sure they would have to pay me to do the Edge Walk.

Joe G likes this.
  6. Vincy Mol

Vincy Mol L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Really its nice place