viewing MK fireworks not from park

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Nina Zivkovic, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Nina Zivkovic

Nina Zivkovic L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Wondering what some alternate spots to view Magic Kingdom fireworks. One night we will be viewing from the park, another we will be at California Grill to watch Christmas Party Fireworks then have another night where I'm not sure if we watch from park or somewhere else. I've read even if not staying at Poly you can have good view point from there. Any other suggestions that don't involve any sneaking into other resorts etc.

2. Sydney Herron

Sydney Herron L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

The beach at the Polynesian is a great place to view, but sometimes they scan MagicBands to ensure all on beach are staying at the resort.

Not sure if you are DVC members, but watching from Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower is a great view (although, similar to the California Grill view) but is only accessible if you have a DVC membership card.

The transportation and ticket center can also be a great place to watch the fireworks, there isn't really a great place to sit but it does have a good view.

ValJ likes this.
  3. Michael Greiner

Michael Greiner L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

As Sydney mentioned, both the Poly beach and the TTC are good. I have heard that they do sometimes check magic bands for the Poly beach, but my wife and I have viewed from there many times and never come across them checking. My guess is that its only during the busiest times of the year.

Another thing we like to do from time to time is to ride splash mountain and time it so that we are getting on the ride right around the start of fireworks time. There is something incredible about reaching the top of the big lift and seeing the fireworks out over the park. A lot of times Big Thunder is walk on at that time too and we can get a ride on that with the fireworks going on in the background which is really neat as well. That being said, Happily Ever After is so good that there is a decent chance you will just want to watch the show twice from in front of the castle, as the projections really do add a lot to the show. Word of warning (which you probably already know but I see so many make this mistake), do not stand too close to the castle or you will not be able to see most of the fireworks. You really want to be at least halfway back from where the Partners statue is, to where the shops on Main Street start.

4. Kevin_W

Kevin_W L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I've never watched from outside the park, actually. Hopefully our trip overlaps next year with our DVC friends - I'd like to try the Top of the World.