Question Ideal Disney Vacation Club Home Resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by tombricker, May 25, 2016.

?

Ideal Home Resort

1. Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Beach Club Villas

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. BoardWalk Villas

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Old Key West Resort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  10. Saratoga Springs Resort

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. tombricker

tombricker Chief Cat Herder Staff Member

Let's assume that money is no issue--for both the initial purchase and maintenance fees--what's your ideal or dream home DVC resort?

Strategy can still come into play, so this isn't necessary the same as your favorite resort (although it could be).

For me, I think I'd have to choose the BoardWalk Villas. This is because I love BoardWalk, but also because it books quickly, especially during Food & Wine and Christmas. Finally, although money is no issue, this would give me easier access to those 10 point per night rooms, which always seem to be gone by the time my booking window is open.

What about you? Care to offer any explanation for your vote?

EDIT: I didn't realize there was a limit on poll choices, so I left off Hilton Head, Vero Beach, an Aulani. If these are anyone's choice, please specify below. Sorry!

2. Sydney Herron

Sydney Herron L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I chose Beach Club - both for the awesome pool, and close proximity to EPCOT (especially during F+W!), Hollywood Studios, and entertainment on the Boardwalk.

3. saintstickets

saintstickets L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

First choice would be Beach Club & second choice is Boardwalk. A quick walk to EPCOT, a boat ride to DHS and plenty of good restaurants without entering the park. I guess that's why we are DVC members at both!

4. Lauren

Lauren L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I'd pick Beach Club too mainly for the location, walk/boat to two parks especially during F&W is awesome. Even better when construction at HS finishes and Star Wars land opens! Then there's Stormalong Bay. That's where I'd want my 11 month booking advantage.

5. Rose

Rose L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

Another vote for Boardwalk! I just love the theming, ambiance, and location!

6. Stephanie D

Stephanie D L2: Member of Big Al's Posse

I picked Animal Kingdom Villas. Although I really wanted to love Beach Club the pool area was just too busy and loud for me. I like to relax and have downtime on my vacation and I feel like Animal Kingdom Villas does a nice job of this. There are still a lot of villas I haven't tried yet that I would like to - Wilderness Lodge, GF, and Poly would be top choices to try.

7. mindeola

mindeola L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

No strategy here- just going with the heart. Poly for sure.

8. MickeyCB

MickeyCB L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

We own at the Poly because we love the resort, but, I much prefer the option of a one or two bedroom.
    I have made this comment on other sites, we bought at the Poly (and this is totally my fault) because of the rumors of at least a one bedroom to come in the future.
    That would have been the perfect compromise. We have stayed in both the bungalows and a studio,, it's a too big, too little story.
    With that in mind my vote is for Baylake because I love their one and two bedrooms and how close it is to the Magic Kingdom and the ease with which you can get to Epcot.

9. CheshireSmile

CheshireSmile L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

When we bought, we bought at the Poly, primarily for location reasons (but for other reasons too, it's a nice resort). However, unless I'm mistaken, the only difference your "home" resort makes is how early you can book there. So, from that perspective, I wish we owned at the Grand Californian because then, maybe we could actually get a reservation there.

10. EricaKevin1

EricaKevin1 L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Perfect Disney Vacation club home resorts is an exceptionally cool place. It's not Disney's Lodge. It's only one of best world-class resort. The First decision would be sea club and second decision are Boardwalk.