Question I'd Like Some Advice

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Emma Jayne, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Emma Jayne

Emma Jayne L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Hi! I'm going to Walt Disney World with my family for the first time in February. I've been to Disneyland several times, but I've never been to Disney World. Unfortunately, with school schedules, I can only be there for two days. We're going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

I was wondering if there are any seasoned veterans out there who have any advice for someone in my situation?

2. Michael Greiner

Michael Greiner L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I'd recommend splitting a day between Epcot and Animal Kingdom. AK is a really great park and unique to WDW obviously.

Other than that, just plan accordingly ahead of time. Book fastpasses for the morning so you can get additional ones after using the initial 3. And make sure to book any dining you may want well ahead of time.

Emma Jayne likes this.
  3. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

The first thing I would do is check out Tom's "One Day Itinerary" for both parks on this site. They are well laid out and are a great starting point for planning out your day at MK or Epcot. Planning is the way to go with limited time, don't just walk in the park at 10:00am and then decide what to do or it may be a nightmare.

Get up early and get to both before rope drop and ride as much as you can early before things get busy. +1 to Michael's advice on fastpasses and dining. Both parks have good counter service options if you can's get table service reservations or just aren't interested in them. Hope this helps.

George Dibble and Emma Jayne like this.
  4. Sydney Herron

Sydney Herron L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

Seconding advice above to check out Tom's one-day itineraries for the parks that you are planning to visit. Depending on when you are there in February, you will get to experience the Festival of the Arts, which is supposedly incredible (experiencing it for the first time myself this year!) I would leave yourself a good chunk of time to wander the festival and enjoy, as well as leaving time to snack around World Showcase. Other than that, plan to be at the parks early for rope drop in order to experience as many attractions as possible, and be sure to schedule your FastPass+ in advance so you aren't waiting in too many long lines.

5. George Dibble

George Dibble L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I'll pile on to the advice to read the itineraries here. Honestly, AK isn't my favorite park in the world, so if I were in your position I would probably just do MK and EPCOT. But to be fair, it's been a while since I've visited AK, and I probably shouldn't write it off.

6. Gord K.

Gord K. L3: Dreamfinder Presidential Campaigner

Agree with all the suggestions above - rope drop, check Tom's itineraries, and FP+. As for splitting times between parks or maybe adding an extra park to your plan I think that depends a bit on when in Feb you're going, how young your kids are, and what you prioritize as a family. You could easily spend a few days roaming Epcot and soaking it in, or you rope drop AK and skip Pandora which would likely mean you'd get to see all of the rest of AK and then move on to Epcot with a hopper pass where you have some FP+ rides booked for after lunch. If your family is older, take a break around mid-day and then close down MK.