Disney Tokyo Resorts

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong & Shanghai Disneyland' started by Candice, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Candice

Candice L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Hello guys, I'm in my initial phase of researching for March 2018 trip back to Asia. I know I want to try and spend some days in the Disney Tokyo Resorts, possible 4 or 5 nights in either of the 3 Disney hotels. I will be travelling with my husband and 3 year old. I am thinking that with a 3 year old, he might enjoy the character rooms in the Disney Ambassador Hotel or Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I'd really like to stay at MiraCosta... but it seems like this will be lost on my 3 year old (and my husband). What would you guys recommend?

Also, I know I can make reservations online 6 months ahead on Disney's site... but I'm a little confused about the payment... they had a whole spiel on using credit cards from overseas and I'm not sure if I can use my regular USD mastercard (from Canada). Would anyone know the cancellation policy too? I know you have to pay a deposit but it does not say what the cancellation policy is.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

2. George Dibble

George Dibble L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

I can't give any advice on the Disney-branded hotels, but if you're open to the idea, I can encourage you to check out the other hotels that sit on the monorail line. My family and I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay both times we went, and it was great. And they have what are known as "Happy Magic Rooms" that are themed in a way that kids really enjoy. Just some food for thought.

Candice likes this.
  3. Candice

Thanks for the advice! I did look into this and they are very cute! I will definitely consider this, probably between this Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and MiraCosta.... :D

George Dibble likes this.
  4. George Dibble

George Dibble L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

In all honesty, I would rather stay at a Disney hotel (particularly the MiraCosta, since DisneySea is our absolute favorite Disney park anyplace), but the Hilton is a lot cheaper (though still not cheap, nor does it feel that way).

5. Curt

Curt L2: Member of Big Al's Posse

Why not stay in a couple different hotels? Stay in the less expensive properties a couple nights for the kids. Then, spend the savings on a park facing room at Mira Costa for a night.

6. Candice

I was thinking about it... It would be great in my opinion but I'm thinking if we're going to Japan for 2 weeks, we will possibly be hopping locations at least 2 or 3 times before Disney. It might be too much for my 3 year old... It is a consideration though :) Thanks for the suggestion!