Disney Cruise Dress Code

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Catherine, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Catherine

Catherine L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Hello,
    Can someone please tell me how formal the formal nights are on a Disney cruise. I've cruised twice before the first time the formal nights were very formal, the second cruise wasn't - I felt a bit overdressed in a sparkly long dress and don't want to make the same mistake again. Thank you x

2. Sydney Herron

Sydney Herron L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

On Disney Cruises you will see all levels of formality. Some people will show up in fancy gowns + tuxedos, and others will show up in shorts and sandals. You can wear pretty much whatever you'd like, there will be others dressed similarly!

3. Catherine

Catherine L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

Thanks Sydney.

4. richey

richey L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

"others will show up in shorts and sandals"

I'm on vacation. If I refuse to wear a tie a work I'm certainly not wearing one on vacation. :)

5. BucfanTitan

BucfanTitan L4: EPCOT Centrists Executive Cabinet

Does the three night cruise have a formal night? I look at YouTube videos and I never see anyone ever dressed up in the dinning rooms. I wanna break out my Disney ties and my Goofy cufflinks but don't want to be out of place.

6. dad of 3 addicted to DCL

dad of 3 addicted to DCL L1: Stitch's Great Escape Fan Club

We've gone on 7 cruises and I think I sum it up in that you can wear what you feel comfortable. DW & I like to dress for dinner making every night a date night. Our girls (twin 11 year olds) also like to dress up , but our teenage son rebels. For Semi/Formal nights, we dress up. I wear a suit/tux and DW wears the commensurate dress. If others are in flip flops, hey, that's their call and it's their vacation! We go for the gusto. Whatever you're up for, go for it!